Although this site went live in August 2010, I am already preparing the Second Edition of the study, and I would like to give you the opportunity to get involved if you can share your insights about one or more participants in medical tourism. I will also offer all participants who meet the conditions a special Insider Report (more below). The background research was phase one, and phase two is primary research.
Actively soliciting insights from these participants:
- Providers in developed or emerging countries who are engaged in serving international clients or managing medical care for global patients.
- Facilitators who assess patient appropriateness for treatment abroad and manage numerous aspects of contracts, administration and sales.
- Patients who have sought treatment abroad; this includes family members and significant others who accompanied their loved ones on a medical tourism treatment trip.
- Employers who offer international healthcare or who have studied and explored it enough to respond to the employer survey.
- Insurers who have global healthcare treatment options and provider networks, or who offer global options to their employees (in which case they would complete the employer survey).
- Other medical tourism experts who have a bona fide knowledge of the subject can respond to the survey(s) they want.
The Insider Report
To thank respondents for their time, I will offer the Second Edition’s Insider Report, which will contain information not released to the public. I estimate that the surveys take ten-fifteen minutes to complete.
If you have questions, I invite your inquiry in comments below or via the “About” link in the header above. I hope to send you your Insider Report later this fall! Thanks in advance for your insights.